Spending Money in Retirement: Strategies to Ease the Anxiety
You've spent decades saving money for retirement. Now comes the hard part — spending it. Spending money in retirement can be stressful, but there are strategies that can help ease the anxiety.
Can You Really Save on Taxes with Year-End Moves?
Can you really save on taxes with year-end moves like making an extra mortgage payment? With inflation pushing up the standard deduction, little tax dodges may not be worth the work involved.
Living Comfortably in Quasi-Retirement: A Financial Exercise
"I’m 59 and have $190,000 in income in quasi-retirement. Can my wife and I live comfortably with one or two trips a year?" There are a few exercises to do to help you find the answer.
Coping with Unexpected Retirement Plans
"I’m 65 and my retirement plans blew up when my husband died. My mom had dementia. Should I prepare for the worst?"
The Growing Trend of Downsizing in Retirement
More retirees are making the big decision to go tiny—do you have what it takes?
Embracing the Challenges of Midlife
Midlife can be 'dark and gooey,' says Chip Conley. How to embrace it anyway.
New Rules for Savers in 2023
For savers, the end of 2023 is different: How new rules can help you sock away even more.
Sticker Shock for Older Adults
Sticker shock for older adults: Essential items have gone up in price by about 10%.
Thoughtful Gifts for Loved Ones with Dementia
"My stepfather has dementia and has changed so much. What can I get him for Christmas?"
More in Retirement News:
- Retiring Soon? Seven Expert Tips to Ensure Your Money Lasts (Kiplinger)
- 1 Simple Retirement Savings Hack You'll Wish You'd Known Sooner (Motley Fool)
- What is the Safe Withdrawal Rate in Retirement? (Of Dollars and Data)
- 10 Ways to Reduce Taxes on Your Retirement Savings (U.S. News & World Report)
This Is My Favorite Account in Which to Save for Retirement — and It’s Not What You’d Expect
Research and Insight
- Labor Department proposes retirement insecurity
- How ‘Green’ Active Aging Makes For A Longer And Healthier Retirement
- Retirement support a fast-growing priority for employers, research finds
- These behavioral traits lead to greater retirement savings, research finds. Yet only 10% of workers have them
- Millennials more retirement ready than boomers, study finds
- Americans Aren’t Saving Enough for Retirement — and All Taxpayers Might End up Paying for It
To share with your family, friends and clients
- UAW agreement strengthens retirement security
- Norman Lear, Charlie Munger, Rosalynn Carter and Sandra Day O’Connor lived long and impactful lives. What can they teach us?
- This simple gift-giving rule can help you spend less during the holidays
- ‘I feel slighted’: My husband and I are in our 70s. We married 3 years ago. He’s leaving his $1.8 million home to a 10-year-old relative. Is that normal?
- Is the U.S. in a ‘silent depression’? TikTok creators say yes, but economists disagree.
- Risk Management: Everything you need to consider before buying a second home
Our Latest News
Mortgage rates have finally dipped below 7%, signaling a promising outlook for homebuyers. Experts anticipate further declines and potential opportunities in th...
HSBC Securities analyst predicts Microsoft will outperform software sector in terms of revenue growth, attributing it to the company's strong presence in AI and...
Novo Nordisk's obesity treatment, semaglutide (Wegovy), reduces cardiovascular events by 20% in a trial. The drug shows potential for effective weight loss and...