Denver, CO and Milwaukee, WI—Healthpeak Properties Inc. (PEAK) and Physicians Realty Trust (DOC) have announced an all-stock merger of equals with a total value of approximately $21 billion.
- Each share of Physicians Realty Trust will be converted into 0.674 of a newly issued share by Healthpeak Properties.
- The merger will establish a robust real estate platform dedicated to healthcare discovery and delivery.
- The combined company will have a portfolio of 52 million square feet, including 40 million square feet of outpatient medical properties concentrated in high-growth markets such as Dallas, Houston, Nashville, Phoenix, and Denver.
Leadership and Impact:
- Scott Briner, current CEO of Healthpeak, will become the CEO of the merged company.
- John Thomas, head of Physicians Realty, will take on the role of vice chair of the board.
- The deal is expected to enhance run-rate adjusted funds from operations (AFFO).
- Anticipated synergies are estimated to reach at least $40 million by the end of year one and up to $60 million by the end of year two.
Trade Name and Stock Exchange Listing:
- After the merger is completed in the first half of 2024, the combined company will be known as Healthpeak Properties.
- The company's stock will be listed as "DOC" on the New York Stock Exchange.
Healthpeak Properties' stock was down 1.3% premarket, while Physicians Realty's stock was up 4.4%.
Our Latest News
Gold prices rose slightly as the U.S. dollar rally slowed down before the Federal Reserve meeting. Price action and market drivers discussed.
First Citizens Bancshares attracts Wall Street attention with the integration of Silicon Valley Bank, showing promise for growth and innovation in the banking s...
Preliminary data reveals eurozone economy grew by 0.3% in Q2, with better-than-expected growth in France and Spain while some major members experienced contract...